Open Clasp Theatre Company & West End Women and Girls Centre are gathering a group of women to cycle the coast to coast challenge this September.
This will be a celebration of the 40th anniversary of West End Women and Girls, of the partnership with Open Clasp Theatre Company and we are aiming to have 40 women complete the route. We are making it as accessible as possible so many women who want to can take part.
If you would like to be part of this here are the key points you need to know.
We are going to offer as much flexibility as we can for women to get involved.
- There will be £0 costs to take part.
- We will provide you with support to raise a little bit of sponsorship each in aid of both charities e.g. sponsor form
- We are going to allow each woman to complete the challenge at their own pace between 3 and 5 days
- A mini bus will take everyone to the start point, and bring everyone home each day – or you can arrange your own accommodation
- The deadline to confirm interest is 8 April 2021
- After the deadline, you will be invited to attend a meeting (online) to organise participants into 3 groups (fast, medium and taking it easy!) – in this meeting, we will ask you what support you will need and discuss fundraising ideas
- You don’t need to do the full challenge! You can do the last 10 miles if you like, or the middle section! Or just the first 40 miles! However much you want to do!
- Each day that you take part, WEWAG will provide a delicious lunch
- You will always be with a group, and we will have support drivers, who can help if you hurt yourself, need a break or have a puncture!
- First aiders will be available
- Everyone will get a mint t shirt and certificate
- We have bikes, helmets etc you can borrow if needed
- We will also provide support with training schedules and suggested practice rides
Want to sign up? Email firstname.lastname@example.org